Ideabytes is committed to respecting your privacy and protecting your personal information. This Privacy Statement explains the current information management practices on our websites.
- Our commitment
We are committed to protecting your privacy whether you are browsing for information or conducting business with Ideabytes through electronic channels.. When you visit our websites, we will not collect your personal information unless you choose to use and receive online products and services that require it. For transactions involving credit cards, systems use up-to-date security protocols to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of information and systems.
- Web analytics
The use of these tools does not allow us or our analytics service providers to identify individuals.
You can opt-out of analytics activity by setting your browser to notify you when a cookie is sent and block analytics cookies if desired. Please consult your browser’s Help Menu for instructions. Visiting our website with analytics cookies disabled will have no significant impact on your browsing experience.
- Privacy statement details
Thank you for visiting our website and reviewing our online Privacy Statement in detail. Respecting your privacy and protecting your personal information in an online environment is a priority for us. The information collected will NOT be sold or rented to third parties.
All information collected will be used only for the purpose of servicing the customer. Credit card information is retained on file for renewal subscriptions and is stored in our database in encrypted format. Prior to any charge for the renewal, user will receive notification of the renewal 30 days in advance of the renewal date. For pre-paid charges, top-off notification will be sent when the balance on the account reaches 10% of the original value.
- Our privacy statement covers the following topics:
What kind of information is collected when you visit our websites?
When you browse or download information from Government of Ontario websites, our servers automatically collect limited amounts of standard information for traffic monitoring and statistical purposes. The information is analyzed for operational trends, performance, and for ways to improve our sites. Ideabytes cannot identify you from this information.
We collect the following standard types of information:
- Internet Protocol (IP) addresses of the computers being used to access our sites
- Operating systems and the types and versions of browsers used to access our sites
- Internet Service Providers used by visitors to our sites
- Dates and times users access our sites
- Pages visited
- Keywords users enter into our search engine
- Session cookies may be used to support on-line feedback/discussion, forms and registration and ‘e-commerce/shopping cart’ transactions – they are used only during your online session and expire when you close your browser. Without session cookies, moving around our Web sites could be much slower
- Persistent cookies are different from session cookies because they are stored on your computer’s hard drive for some length of time – they are usually used if you want us to remember information about your Web preferences (e.g. large font) and passwords for automatic log-in purposes
Further information on ‘cookies’ is at the website of the Information and Privacy Commissioner of Ontario:
If you wanted to know…What to do about Cookies